At Dubai, everything is possible – snow parks and floral gardens in the desert, the world’s first man-made islands, and record-breaking architectural structures and avenues. Head to Downtown Dubai and you can encounter the enigmatic trinity of epic innovation. Witness the tallest, largest and biggest conceptions of Dubai at this boulevard – the Burj Khalifa – the tallest tower in the world, Dubai Mall – the biggest mall in the world and nestled graciously between them is the largest dancing musical fountain in the world – Dubai Fountain. The first of its kind in the Middle East, Dubai Fountain is yet again a feat that Dubai has managed to pull off seamlessly by having a water oasis amid the desert city. This marvelous attraction intrigues travelers from around the world, alluring them to enjoy this entrancing show.
Here are a few facts and interesting information about this appealing attraction:
- Set right in the middle of Burj Khalifa Lake, the Dubai Fountain adds extra splendor to the lavish Downtown Dubai arena which already houses the towering Burj Khalifa and The Dubai Mall. About 30 acres long, it is an enchanting exhibition of dancing waters and lights flawlessly synchronized with the beats of popular and melodious music. Replicated by the creators of Bellagio Fountains in Las Vegas, the recreated version is made many folds grander than the latter.
- The design of the Dubai Fountain consists of five circles and two arcs fitted with water jets spurting water in varying designs. Using cutting edge technology and creative mechanisms, the Dubai Fountain is animated with the help of 22,000 gallons of water, more than 6,600 lights, 25 color projectors and a beautiful genre of Arabic, instrumental and world music. The beam of light shooting skywards can be seen from miles away.
- The main hero of the whole concept which makes the fountain waters to shoot up, or twist and twirl gracefully are the high-pressure water jets, shooters and water robots which make it possible to shoot water jets up to 500 feet in the air or control the flow to blend it according to the music. The fountain jet is set in tune to the music to shoot water jets in sync with the beats of the music to create a visual spectrum with over 1,000 assorted water combinations and patterns.
- This world-class ballet of water, light, and music can be seen from different perspectives. Enjoy the bird’s eye view from the Burj Khalifa observatory; watch the show free of cost directly at the promenade near the Dubai Mall or up close while meandering on the lake on a scenic boat ride. The Dubai Fountain operates twice in the afternoon and every 30 minutes after the previous show from 6 pm till 10 pm. During weekends, the show extends till 11 pm. For each show, the Dubai Fountain entices its visitors with a brand new choreographed performance on a selection of classic to contemporary music. Catch the fountain dance elegantly to hit tunes of Michael Jackson, Lionel Riche, Celine Dion to name a few.
- You can also enjoy this fabulous Dubai dancing fountain show on a splendid boat ride on the Burj Khalifa Lake. Glide on the lake in a traditional abra and take pleasure in viewing the show from different scenic angles which also lets you appreciate the breathtaking vistas of the nearby landmarks. The lake boat ride operates from 5.45 pm till 11.15 pm. The tickets for the lake boat ride can be purchased from the bay area at Waterfront Promenade of The Dubai Mall and At the Top, Burj Khalifa.
Book Burj Khalifa Tour Tickets
Just like any other attraction of Dubai, with the conception of Dubai Fountains, this dynamic emirate has yet again showcased its potential to make impossible feats a reality and offer its visitors an enigmatic treat that would leave them in awe of the destination. The Dubai Fountain is such a mesmerizing attraction that every guest visiting Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa certainly halts at the waterfront to watch the spellbinding show. With the Burj Khalifa as a stunning backdrop, this fountain is also one of the most photographed spots in Dubai. The stunning views of the water swaying and shooting in sync with the melodious tunes are a marvel that you really have to see it believe if for real.