Dubai is considered to be one of the best family-friendly destinations in the world. The comfort, luxury, and amenities available in Dubai make it easy to travel with little children. Moreover, there are plenty of attractions in the city that have been developed for kids. While sightseeing in Dubai is quite a fascinating experience for people of all ages, kids can get a bit bored after a point of time. Hence, visiting a few kid-friendly attractions would keep everyone happy. With this note, we will check out some of the top
things to do in Dubai with kids.
Legos have been a favorite among children for several years. Hence, a theme park that is based on Legos would surely be a hit among the kids and adults who love it. Legoland Dubai is a part of Dubai Parks & Resorts and is perfect for kids between the ages of 2 and 12. Apart from thrilling, kid-friendly rides, Legoland Dubai has several interesting areas where kids can build their own structures with jumbo-sized Legos. The interesting zones or lands of Legoland Dubai include Factory, Lego City, Kingdoms, Imagination, Miniland and Adventure. Other than this, close to Legoland Dubai is the Legoland Water Park, where you would find fun pools, attractions, and rides for the entire family.
Timings: 10 AM to 6 PM (Saturday to Wednesday) and 10 AM to 8 PM (Thursday and Friday)
Duration: 7 hours
Location: Sheikh Zayed Road, Opposite Palm Jebel Ali, Dubai, UAE
Tickets: AED 275
- Children under the age of 13 years should be accompanied by an adult (a person above the age of 18 years)
- Outside food and drinks are not allowed inside the park.
2. Dubai Dolphinarium
The Dubai Dolphinarium is a unique theme park that not only offers a fun but also an educational experience. It is home to one of the most intelligent mammals i.e. the dolphins and the fur seals. The most popular here is the Dolphin & Seal Show, where you would get to watch the dolphins and seals showing off their tricks and skills including singing, dancing, painting, etc. If you opt for Swim with Dolphins program, you would get the chance to swim, hug and play with these warm sea animals. Another impressive show that happens here is the Creek Park Bird Show, where the in-house parrots display their talents. Some other attractions of the dolphinarium include Mirror Maze, 5D & 7D Cinema, Dolphin Planet, Trampoline Park and Virtual Reality.
Timings: 10 AM to 7:30 PM (Sunday Closed)
Duration: Depends on the show you selected
Location: Inside the Creek Park Gate 1, Riyadh Street, Dubai, UAE
Tickets: AED 110
- You cannot take strollers inside the Dubai Dolphinarium Arena.
- Refrain from throwing anything inside the dolphin pools.
3. Atlantis Aquaventure
Hotel Atlantis does not need any introduction. It is one of the most luxurious and expensive hotels in Dubai. Even if staying at the hotel is beyond your budget, you can still visit the Atlantis Aquaventure that is located inside the hotel premises. Atlantis Aquaventure is one of the biggest as well as the best waterparks in the UAE. The waterpark has more than 30 attractions that include amazing pools, thrilling rides, etc. It also gives you access to a private beach where you can rest and relax. Those who want to take a break from the waterpark can also visit the other attractions here that include Dolphin Bay, Sea Lion Point, and the Lost Chamber Aquarium. Atlantis Aquaventure is also one of the places in Dubai where you can try scuba diving.
Timings: 10 AM to 6 PM
Duration: 8 hours
Location: The Crescent, Palm Island, Dubai, UAE
Tickets: AED 354
- Diving is not allowed at Atlantis Aquaventure as the pools here are quite shallow.
- Visitors should refrain from bringing food, beverages, and alcohol inside the premises of Atlantis Aquaventure.
4. Dubai Miracle Garden
The Dubai Miracle Garden is a seasonal attraction of Dubai. Opened only in the winter months, this garden is home to more than 50 million naturally grown flowers. However, the highlight of the park is all the flowers are arranged in beautiful and unique ways. At the Dubai Miracle Garden, you would see floral houses, castles, cartoon characters, etc. One of the main attractions here is the Emirates Airbus 380 A, which has also won the Guinness World Record for the largest flower arrangement in the world. Also, do not miss the heart-shaped walkway, which is one of the most Instagrammable locations in the garden. Dubai Miracle Garden also has an amphitheater, 3D mapping, and Trampoline Park that the kids would love. The park also flower parades, weekly live shows, and other interesting activities for the visitors.
Timings: 9 AM to 9 PM (Sunday to Thursday) and 9 AM to 11 PM (Friday and Saturday)
Duration: 4 hours
Location: Al Barsha South 3, Dubai, UAE
Tickets: AED 142
- This is not a picnic park, hence food, barbecue, etc. are not allowed inside the Dubai Miracle Garden.
- You cannot bring your pets, bicycles, balls, and scooters inside the park.
- The park management has the right to ask visitors to leave the park if they likely cause damage to the park and its assets.
5. Desert Safari in Dubai
Your trip to Dubai with children need not be only about visiting theme parks. In fact, it is important to introduce the culture and heritage of the place you are visiting young humans too. One of the best things to do in Dubai with kids is the desert safari with its adventurous activities and entertainment programs. Older kids would definitely enjoy the dune-bashing ride, which is quite similar to a rollercoaster, while the little ones would have a fun time riding on a camel. Other than this, there are quad biking, sandboarding, belly dancing, and Tanoura dance performances to look forward to in the desert. With so many amazing attractions, the desert safari is a great place to spend an evening with your family.
Timings: 4 PM to 10 PM
Duration: 6 hours
Location: Dubai Desert Conservatory Area
Tickets: AED 260
- Children under the age of 5, pregnant women and people with heart diseases or chronic back pain should avoid dune bashing.
- Listen to the instructions carefully before trying any of the adventure activities.
6. Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo
One of the best places in Dubai that are loved by people of all ages is the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo. This is one of the largest aquariums in the world and is located inside the Dubai Mall. The aquarium is a large, suspended acrylic glass tunnel where you would find a variety of marine animals including sharks, manta rays, stingrays, etc. Apart from watching the fishes swim all around you, you also get to enjoy some other experiences like cage diving, shark diving, glass-bottom boat riding, scuba diving, etc. here. Right above the aquarium is the underwater zoo, where you would be able to meet playful otters, Humboldt penguins, king cobra and a host of other underwater animals. The Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo are educational and interesting at the same time.
Timings: 10 AM to 11 PM (Sunday to Wednesday) and 10 AM to 12 AM (Thursday to Saturday)
Duration: 5-6 hours
Location: Ground & Level 2, The Dubai Mall, Financial Centre Road, Downtown Dubai, Dubai, UAE
Tickets: AED 135
- Most activities like shark diving, glass-bottom boat tour, etc. are not included with the price of the entrance ticket. You would have to pay extra for the same.
- Pregnant women and children under the age of 3 are not allowed on the glass bottom boat tour.
7. KidZania Dubai
Traveling with children can get tiring for the parents as kids are usually little balls of energy who want to indulge everything exciting that they see. If you want to enjoy a few hours of peace while your kid has a fun time, KidZania Dubai is the place you must visit. This indoor theme park is located inside Dubai Mall and is a place where kids have fun and learn through role-playing. At KidZania, kids can choose to work as a doctor, pilot, perfumer, shopkeeper, plumber, electrician, etc. There are more than 80 professions to choose from, and apart from work experience, kids also get to earn some KidZania money. While your children would be taken care of by the super-helpful KidZania staff, you would get to relax at the lounge and enjoy a cold drink or two.
Timings: 10 AM – 10 PM (Sunday to Wednesday), 10 AM – 11 PM (Thursday) and 9 AM – 11 PM (Friday and Saturday)
Duration: 3 hours
Location: 2nd floor, The Dubai Mall, Financial Center Road, Downtown Dubai, Dubai, UAE
Tickets: AED 75
- Parents or guardians need to accompany children under 120 cm in height.
- You cannot take outside food and beverages inside KidZania.
8. Ski Dubai and Snow Park
Desert is not the only place you can visit in Dubai. In fact, the city is home to the largest indoor ski park in the world. Located inside the Mall of Emirates, Ski Dubai has five slopes of different grades and difficulty levels for skiing. Skiing can be done by both experts and beginners, and there are daily ski training sessions by professionals at Ski Dubai. On the other hand, Snow Park is where kids, as well as adults, can have fun making a snowman, playing in the snow, exploring the indoor ice cave, tobogganing, climbing towers, and sledding. The place also offers some thrilling rides like the Giant Ball run, Mountain Thriller ride, Snow Bullet Ride, etc. Kids would also have a great time meeting the in-house penguins.
Timings: 10 AM to 11 PM (Saturday to Wednesday), 10 AM to 12 AM (Thursday) and 9 AM to 12 AM (Friday)
Duration: 6 hours
Location: Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai, UAE
Tickets: AED 275
- If you have booked your ticket online, you need to present the printout at the entrance to gain entry.
- Kids below the age of 12 years should be accompanied by adults.
9. Wild Wadi Waterpark
Wild Wadi is not only one of the best but also one of the oldest waterparks in Dubai. The theme of the park is based on the Arabian folklore of Juha. The rides and slides here are some of the most adventurous and thrilling. Some of the rides you should try here are Tantrum Alley & Burj Surj, Breakers Bay, Wipeout and Riptide, Flow Rides, Jumeirah Sceriah, While Juha’s How and Lagoon offers more than 100 water games and rides for kids, Juha’s Journey is a long river where kids and adults can float lazily. Apart from the multiple rides and slides, Wild Wadi also has a heated/cooled wave pool as well as two surfing machines.
Timings: 10 AM to 6 PM
Duration: 7 hours
Location: Jumeirah Road, Next to Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai, UAE
Tickets: AED 280
- It is important to wear appropriate swimwear at the Wild Wadi Waterpark.
- Infants and toddlers have to wear waterproof diapers. Regular diapers are not allowed inside the pool areas.
- Kids under the age of 13 should be accompanied by their parent or guardian.
10. Kite Beach
Kite Beach is one of the best places to hang out with friends and family when in Dubai. Kite Beach is the most popular for kite surfing and other thrilling water sports. Moreover, it offers a host of activities for kids as well. The Beach has a Skate Park, a play area, an adventure gym, outdoor trampolines, etc. There are several food trucks and canteens where you can grab lunch or snack while your kids play in the sand. Even if you do not want to indulge in any activity, so many things happen at Kite Beach that you would never get bored here.
Timings: 10 AM to 10 PM (Sunday to Wednesday) and 10 AM to 12 AM (Thursday and Friday)
Duration: 3 hours (minimum)
Location: Jumeirah 3, Dubai, UAE
Tickets: Free (pubic beach)
- Pets are not allowed at this beach.
- Do not litter on the beach.
- While the swimming costume is allowed on the beach, make sure to cover yourself when you step out.
11. Bounce Dubai
You would rarely find a kid who does not like to jump around, and at Bounce Dubai they can do it freely and with complete abandon. Bounce Dubai is a trampoline park that more than 100 interconnected trampolines. Older kids and adults would have a fun time trying out at the bouncing skills at The Wall and Big Bag areas, while little children would have their share of enjoyment at the Mini Bounce areas. Bounce Dubai also has the X-Park Ninja Warrior Obstacle course, where participants have to face 18 exciting challenges, which include bouldering wall and zipline.
Timings: 10 AM to 10 PM (Sunday to Wednesday), 10 AM to 12 AM (Thursday and Friday) and 9 AM to 9 PM (Saturday)
Duration: 2 hours (minimum)
Location: Building #32, 4B Street, Al Quoz 1, Dubai, UAE
Tickets: AED 60 to AED 105
- Only one person should jump on one trampoline at a time.
- One must not take any food or drinks near the trampoline.
- One must jump within one’s skill level.
- It is important to avoid rough play on the trampolines.
- Make sure not to fall on the padding.
12. Dubai Garden Glow
A one-of-a-kind theme park, Dubai Garden Glow combines art and lights to offer a mesmerizing presentation. Located in Zabeel Park, Dubai Garden Glow is a seasonal park that functions during the winter months. The park has several zones, with the Glow Park being the most popular. At the Glow Park, you would find creative installations and sculptures made entirely with eco-friendly materials and energy-efficient LED lamps. Other zones or sections of the Dubai Garden Glow include Art Park, Magic Park, Ice Park, and Dinosaur Park. Each zone is unique and would interest and entertain both kids and adults.
Timings: 4 PM to 11 PM (Saturday to Thursday) and 4 PM to 12 AM (Friday)
Duration: 2 hours
Location: Zabeel Park, Gate No: 6 & 7, Area B, Dubai, UAE
Tickets: AED 65
- Outside food and drinks are not allowed inside the park.
- People are prohibited from taking their pets or other animals inside the park.
- You cannot take toys, bicycles or scooters inside the park.
Tips for Travellers Visiting with Kids
The best time to visit Dubai with kids is in the winter season, i.e. between the months of November and March.
• If you want to save some money, you can plan a holiday in Dubai during the summer, as the UAE has a visa-free policy for children from July to September.
• Dubai is a safe place with almost 0% crime. However, it is important to be cautious, especially when you are in crowded places. Make sure your kids are always with you.
• If you are staying in Dubai for a long holiday, renting an apartment hotel would be economical and practical as well.
• When it comes to places to eat in Dubai with kids, the list is endless. Most restaurants have a kid-friendly menu. Other than this, eating street food is also safe as Dubai is quite strict when it comes to hygiene.
• Always book your tickets online to save money and time. You would also find discounts and deals online, especially for kids under a specific age.
Traveling in Dubai with children is super-easy and comfortable because the city is extremely kid-friendly. It is a place that would give you and your children some fond memories to take back home.